Friday, July 11, 2008

Inspirations


Here are a few of my favourite places on the net.

  • Elsita's blog, I just recently discovered this blog and fell instantly in love. She is a renaissance woman. She paints, draws, papercuts, stitches and writes amazing stories among about a zillion other things. Check out her Etsy store and I'm sure you'll find something that speaks to your heart. I recently bought this incredibly detailed and sensitively drawn paper doll named Kiki. You can read about her here.
  • Made With Love by Hannah. This girl shares my aesthetic. You can never have too many hearts, squirrels or cuckoo clocks. Throw on a little ric-rac and you've created a masterpiece. Don't forget to click on "made with love by Grandma".
  • Speaking of squirrels, if you need fabric that is just too cute for words, check out ReproDepot Fabrics and head straight for the Japanese imports.
  • This BJD is the reason I get out of bed every morning. I have been waiting for her to be available again for 19 months (not that I'm obsessed or anything ;o) When I can finally afford to bring her home she is gonna have the most amazing wardrobe. I have been collecting fabrics, notions and ALOT of ric-rac in preparation for her arrival. I have already chosen her name, Sophie Alice. She will have pink mohair hair like cotton candy and deep magenta eyes. STOP ME! I could talk about her 'til your ears bleed. (BTW - she has pointed ears - she's an Elf!)
  • Last but not least, if you want to know everything about Blythe, go here (check out Blythe Theater) and here. Chances are you'll get hooked too and stay up until 2AM Googling a gazillion websites with pics and cool stuff to buy for this mesmerizingly cool little girl. Here's one to get you started.
That's it for now. I hope you have a Super Saturday! *^_^*

No comments: